HEAD GROWER in The Sahara Forest Project
The Sahara Forest Project AS is a Norwegian private limited liability company. The purpose of the company is to create profitable innovation and environmental solutions within the food, water and energy sector in arid areas. With leading competence in fields ranging from natural and social sciences to business, engineering, architecture and agricultural techniques, The Sahara Forest Project has a track record of creating ground-breaking ideas and turning them into reality on the ground. The core value offering includes production facilities with saltwater-cooled greenhouses, outdoor vegetation zones and renewable energy generation as well as technical and commercial studies to analyse and define applicable solutions to integrated Water, Energy and Food challenges.
At SFP, you will be a part of a tightly-knit and motivated team of 14 staff-members working from the headquarters in Norway, offices in the UK and operations in Jordan. The company is about to start operations of a research and production facility in Jordan and is working to realize projects also in several other arid countries.
We are seeking an accomplished and motivated person to position as Head Grower in The Sahara Forest Project based in Aqaba, Jordan. As a Head Grower, you will have a unique opportunity to have full operational responsibility for an integrated food, water and energy production facility of the future.
As a Head Grower, you will have a unique opportunity to have full responsibility for managing the greenhouses in an integrated food, water and energy production facility of the future.
The position will be permanently positioned in Aqaba, Jordan. The Head Grower will report to the Facility Manager and have the following main responsibilities:
- Ensure and manage agricultural production through the successful operation of the seawater-cooled hydroponic greenhouses at the Jordan Launch station
- Act as local representative for SFP in Jordan in alignment with the Facility Manager including local representation towards customers, media and other stakeholders
- Training and management of greenhouse workers (2-5)
- Participate in our outreach towards the Jordanian farmers and other stakeholders in the agricultural sector
- Assist in ongoing research programs such as outside revegetation programs as needed and in collaboration with other SFP personnel
You are a structured and goal oriented person, combining a passion for innovation and sustainability with:
- Motivated by the SFP ambition to realise restorative growth
- Track record of heading successful hydroponic greenhouse operations
- Self-driven, self-motivated and pragmatic
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong cultural understanding preferably with prior experience from working in the middle east
- A proactive and commercial attitude
- Experience with Integrated Pest Management is advantageous
- Experience with PRIVA control systems is advantageous
For more information on the Sahara Forest Project, please visit our web-pages saharaforestproject.com
Questions about the position can be directed to CFO Jan Henry S. Fosse (email@example.com)
Applications should be submitted to Office Manager Maha Mehdi (+47 960 48 828) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: As soon as possible / Startup date: Late September